Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. A man who owns or publishes a newspaper.
2. A man who is a newspaper reporter, writer, or editor.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
n, pl -men
1. (Journalism & Publishing) a man who works for a newspaper as a reporter or editor
2. (Journalism & Publishing) the male owner or proprietor of a newspaper
3. (Journalism & Publishing) a man who sells newspapers in the street
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
news•pa•per•man(ˈnuzˌpeɪ pərˌmæn, ˈnyuz-, ˈnus-, ˈnyus-)
n., pl. -men.
1. a person employed by a newspaper or wire service as a reporter, writer, or editor.
2. the owner or operator of a newspaper or news service.
usage: See -man.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||newspaperman - a journalist employed to provide news stories for newspapers or broadcast media|
foreign correspondent - a journalist who sends news reports and commentary from a foreign country for publication or broadcast
journalist - a writer for newspapers and magazines
war correspondent - a journalist who sends news reports and commentary from a combat zone or place of battle for publication or broadcast
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
newspaperman[ˈnjuːzˌpeɪpəmən] n (-men (pl)) → giornalista m
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995