Also found in: Wikipedia.
?Note: This page may contain content that is offensive or inappropriate for some readers.
1. (Recreational Drugs) a variant form of negrohead
2. (Geological Science) informal US any hard black rock or stone
3. (Environmental Science) informal NZ and US a knotted mass of roots in a swamp
4. (Plants) informal US any of various round, thorny cacti found in the Southern States
5. (Plants) a colloquial name for black-eyed Susan1
6. (Plants) informal Austral any of various grasses with dark seed-heads, belonging to the genus Enneapogon
7. (Animals) informal US any of several varieties of freshwater clam
8. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) censorious old-fashioned US a person active in obtaining political rights for Black people
9. (Nautical Terms) nautical a colloquial name for bollard1
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014