Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Idioms, Wikipedia.
Annoying, troubling, or irritating in a petty way: a pointless dispute over niggling details.
4. requiring painstaking work
5. persistently troubling: a niggling back pain.
an act or instance of niggling
1. petty; trivial; inconsequential.
2. demanding too much care, attention, time, etc.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||niggling - (informal) small and of little importance; "a fiddling sum of money"; "a footling gesture"; "our worries are lilliputian compared with those of countries that are at war"; "a little (or small) matter"; "a dispute over niggling details"; "limited to petty enterprises"; "piffling efforts"; "giving a police officer a free meal may be against the law, but it seems to be a picayune infraction"|
colloquialism - a colloquial expression; characteristic of spoken or written communication that seeks to imitate informal speech
unimportant - not important; "a relatively unimportant feature of the system"; "the question seems unimportant"
1. irritating, troubling, persistent, bothersome Both players have been suffering from niggling injuries.