nomogram(redirected from nomographically)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
nom·o·graph(nŏm′ə-grăf′, nō′mə-) or nom·o·gram (-grăm′)
1. A graph consisting of three coplanar curves, each graduated for a different variable so that a straight line cutting all three curves intersects the related values of each variable.
2. A chart representing numerical relationships.
no·mog′ra·phy (nō-mŏg′rə-fē) n.
nomogram(ˈnɒməˌɡræm; ˈnəʊmə-) or
1. (Mathematics) an arrangement of two linear or logarithmic scales such that an intersecting straight line enables an intermediate values or values on a third scale to be read off
2. (Mathematics) any graphic representation of numerical relationships
[C20: from Greek nomos law + -gram, on the model of French nomogramme]
nom•o•gram(ˈnɒm əˌgræm, ˈnoʊ mə-)
1. a graph usu. containing three parallel scales graduated for different variables so that when a straight line connects values of any two, the related value may be read directly from the third at the point intersected by the line.
2. any similar graph used to show relationships. Also called nom′o•graph` (-ˌgræf, -ˌgrɑf)