Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The cardinal number equal to 1030.
2. Chiefly British The cardinal number equal to 1054.
[French : Latin nōnus, ninth; see nona- + French million, million (from Old French milion; see million).]
1. (Mathematics) (in Britain, France, and Germany) the number represented as one followed by 54 zeros (1054)
2. (Mathematics) (in the US and Canada) the number represented as one followed by 30 zeros (1030). Brit word: quintillion
[C17: from French, from Latin nōnus ninth, on the model of million]
noˈnillionth adj, n
n., pl. -lions, (as after a numeral) -lion, n.
1. a cardinal number represented in the U.S. by 1 followed by 30 zeros, and in Great Britain by 1 followed by 54 zeros.adj.
2. amounting to one nonillion in number.
[1680–90; < French, =non- (< Latin nōnus ninth) + -illion, as in million million]
no•nil′lionth, n., adj.