separator(redirected from noninterfering separator)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
One that separates, as a device for separating cream from milk.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a person or thing that separates
2. a device for separating things into constituent parts, as milk into cream, etc
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
sep•a•ra•tor(ˈsɛp əˌreɪ tər)
1. a person or thing that separates.
2. an apparatus for separating one thing from another, as cream from milk.
[1600–10; < Late Latin sēparātor < Latin sēparā(re) to separate]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. A machine used to separate grain from its straw during threshing. Separators were made as standalone machines, but also were an integral part of threshing machines.
2. A machine to separate cream from milk, see Cream separator.
1001 Words and Phrases You Never Knew You Didn’t Know by W.R. Runyan Copyright © 2011 by W.R. Runyan
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||separator - an apparatus that uses centrifugal force to separate particles from a suspension|
haematocrit, hematocrit - a measuring instrument to determine (usually by centrifugation) the relative amounts of corpuscles and plasma in the blood
ultracentrifuge - a high speed centrifuge used to determine the relative molecular masses of large molecules in high polymers and proteins
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
separator[ˈsepəreɪtəʳ] N → separador m
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007