Also found in: Thesaurus.
Related to nonresident: Non Resident Alien
1. Not living in a particular place: nonresident students who commute to classes.
2. Owned by, applying to, or characteristic of a person who is not a resident of a particular place: nonresident property; a nonresident fishing license.
non·res′i·dence, non·res′i·den·cy n.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a person who is not residing in the place implied or specified: the hotel restaurant is open to nonresidents.
2. (Accounting & Book-keeping) a British person employed abroad on a contract for a minimum of one year, who is exempt from UK income tax provided that he or she does not spend more than 90 days in the UK during that tax year
not residing in the place specified
nonˈresidence, nonˈresidency n
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
non•res•i•dent(nɒnˈrɛz ɪ dənt)
1. not resident in a particular place.n.
2. a person who is nonresident.
non•res′i•dence, non•res′i•den•cy, n.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||nonresident - someone who does not live in a particular place; "described by an admiring nonresident as a green and pleasant land"|
individual, mortal, person, somebody, someone, soul - a human being; "there was too much for one person to do"
|Adj.||1.||nonresident - not living in a particular place or owned by permanent residents; "nonresident students who commute to classes"; "nonresident real estate"|
resident - living in a particular place; "resident aliens"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.