Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to nonunion: delayed union
1. Not belonging to a labor union: nonunion plumbers.
2. Not recognizing or dealing with a labor union or employing union members: a nonunion shop.
The failure of a fractured bone to heal normally.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Industrial Relations & HR Terms) not belonging or related to a trade union: nonunion workers.
2. (Industrial Relations & HR Terms) not favouring or employing union labour: a nonunion shop.
3. (Industrial Relations & HR Terms) not produced by union labour: nonunion shirts.
(Pathology) pathol failure of broken bones or bone fragments to heal
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. not belonging to a labor union.
2. not recognizing or accepting labor unions: a nonunion factory.
3. not produced by union workers.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||nonunion - not belonging to or not allowing affiliation with a trade union; "nonunion carpenters"; "a nonunion contractor"|
union - of trade unions; "the union movement"; "union negotiations"; "a union-shop clause in the contract"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
nonunionadj (ortho) no consolidado; — fracture pseudoartrosis or seudoartrosis f (form), fractura no consolidada, fractura que no ha sanado
English-Spanish/Spanish-English Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.