Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Abbr. NE The direction or point on the mariner's compass halfway between due north and due east, or 45° east of due north.
2. An area or region lying in the northeast.
3. Northeast A region of the northeast United States, generally including the New England states, New York, and sometimes Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
1. To, toward, of, facing, or in the northeast.
2. Originating in or coming from the northeast: a northeast wind.
In, from, or toward the northeast.
(Physical Geography) another word for northeast
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||northeastern - situated in or oriented toward the northeast; "the northeasterly part of the island"|
north - situated in or facing or moving toward or coming from the north; "artists like north light"; "the north portico"
|2.||northeastern - of a region of the United States generally including the New England states; New York; and sometimes New Jersey and Pennsylvania|
eastern - of or characteristic of eastern regions of the United States; "the Eastern establishment"