Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Situated in, toward, or facing the north.
2. Coming from the north: northern breezes.
3. Native to or growing in the north.
4. often Northern Of, relating to, or characteristic of northern regions or the North.
5. Being north of the equator.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||northernness - the property of being to the north|
spatial relation, position - the spatial property of a place where or way in which something is situated; "the position of the hands on the clock"; "he specified the spatial relations of every piece of furniture on the stage"
southernness - the property of being to the south