numeration(redirected from numerations)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. The act or process of counting or numbering; enumeration.
2. A system of numbering.
1. (Mathematics) the act or process of writing, reading, or naming numbers
2. (Mathematics) a system of numbering or counting
nu•mer•a•tion(ˌnu məˈreɪ ʃən, ˌnyu-)
1. an act or instance of or the process or result of numbering or counting.
2. the process or a method of calculating.
3. the act or method of reading off numerals, esp. those written decimally.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||numeration - naming numbers|
naming - the verbal act of naming; "the part he failed was the naming of state capitals"
|2.||numeration - the act of counting; reciting numbers in ascending order; "the counting continued for several hours"|
blood count - the act of estimating the number of red and white corpuscles in a blood sample
countdown - counting backward from an arbitrary number to indicate the time remaining before some event (such as launching a space vehicle)
miscount - an inaccurate count
poll - the counting of votes (as in an election)
recount - an additional (usually a second) count; especially of the votes in a close election
sperm count - the act of estimating the number of spermatozoa in an ejaculate