nutmeat

nut·meat

 (nŭt′mēt′)
n.
The edible kernel of a nut.

nutmeat

(ˈnʌtˌmiːt)
n
(Plants) US the part of a nut that is inside the shell and can be eaten

nut•meat

(ˈnʌtˌmit)

n.
the kernel of a nut, usu. edible.
[1910–15]
Translations
Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Salmonella did not grow on high-Aw nutmeat halves, pieces or granules stored at 4 C for up to 48 hours.
8-kilogram) subsample from each of the blocks and used them to convert harvest weights into nutmeat yields.
The price of 100 kilos of nutmeat averaged 604 USD in the Turkish market in the mean term.
Mok C and NS Hettiarachchy Moisture Sorption Characteristics of Ground Sunflower Nutmeat and its Products.
Vegetarian Society dog owners have offered details of what their pets thrive on - including wholegrain cereal, such as muesli, porridge in milk or Shredded Wheat for breakfast, later a selection from grated cheese, cottage cheese, egg, nutmeat, textured soya protein, cooked lentils and other pulses, baked beans together with raw grated or chopped and/or cooked veg.
In this book, he collects stories that answer the most profound questions of human existence and encounters a cast of characters only Allen could imagine: Jasper Nutmeat, Flanders Mealworm and E.
Billecart Salmon is the archetypal Vie en Rose champagne with zesty cranberry and sweet nutmeat aromas followed by effervescent dried flower, wild berry and yeasty flavors then a notably long, satisfying afterglow.
Use Scharffen Berger's cacao nibs-the roasted nutmeat of the cocoa bean--in place of nuts in your favorite cookie recipe.
7 million, of which 80 per cent of the shares will be held by nutmeat and the remaining 20 per cent will be held by the Tempo Group, the report said.
Place them in a 350 degree oven on a roasting pan and roast for about 30-35 minutes or until the nutmeat becomes golden and the shells have begun to curl open.
The hull is the tough, outermost layer that helps protect the shell--and the tasty nutmeat inside the shell--against attack by insects and disease.