Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. Exhibiting bad taste: an off-color joke.
2. Varying from the usual, expected, or required color.
3. Not in good health or spirits.
1. not having the usual or standard color.
2. of doubtful propriety or taste; risqué.
3. not in one's usual health.Also, off′-col′ored (for defs. 1,2).
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||off-color - in violation of good taste even verging on the indecent; "an indelicate remark"; "an off-color joke"|
tasteless - lacking aesthetic or social taste
|2.||off-color - humorously vulgar; "bawdy songs"; "off-color jokes"; "ribald language"|
dirty - (of behavior or especially language) characterized by obscenity or indecency; "dirty words"; "a dirty old man"; "dirty books and movies"; "boys telling dirty jokes"; "has a dirty mouth"