officiary(redirected from officiaries)
Also found in: Legal.
n. pl. of·fi·ci·ar·ies
1. A body of officials or officers.
2. An official or officer.
1. Attached to or resulting from an office held. Used of a title.
2. Having a title resulting from the holding of an office. Used of a dignitary.
n, pl -aries
a body of officials
of, relating to, or derived from office
of•fi•ci•ar•y(əˈfɪʃ iˌɛr i)
1. pertaining to or derived from an office, as a title.
2. having a title or rank derived from an office, as a dignitary.