Related to officiary: creolise
n. pl. of·fi·ci·ar·ies
1. A body of officials or officers.
2. An official or officer.
1. Attached to or resulting from an office held. Used of a title.
2. Having a title resulting from the holding of an office. Used of a dignitary.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
n, pl -aries
a body of officials
of, relating to, or derived from office
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
of•fi•ci•ar•y(əˈfɪʃ iˌɛr i)
1. pertaining to or derived from an office, as a title.
2. having a title or rank derived from an office, as a dignitary.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.