Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Unhindered admission or access.
2. A policy whereby a nation trades with all other nations on equal terms.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Commerce) a policy or practice by which a nation grants opportunities for trade to all other nations equally
2. free and unrestricted admission
3. open to all; accessible
4. (Industrial Relations & HR Terms) (in industrial relations) designating a policy of management being prepared to talk to workers in the office at any time
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the policy or practice of trading with all nations on an equal basis.
2. admission or access; unrestricted opportunity.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||open door - the policy of granting equal trade opportunities to all countries|
|2.||open door - freedom of access; "he maintained an open door for all employees"|
door - anything providing a means of access (or escape); "we closed the door to Haitian immigrants"; "education is the door to success"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.