Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to open-ended: Open-ended fund
1. Not restrained by definite limits, restrictions, or structure.
2. Allowing for or adaptable to change.
3. Inconclusive or indefinite: "faintly bemused and uneasily open-ended about the whole horrible business" (Charles Michener).
4. Allowing for a spontaneous, unstructured response: an open-ended question.
1. without definite limits, as of duration or amount: an open-ended contract.
2. denoting a question, esp one on a questionnaire, that cannot be answered "yes", "no", or "don't know"
1. not having fixed limits; unrestricted; broad.
2. allowing for future changes, revisions, or additions.
3. having no fixed answer.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||open-ended - without fixed limits or restrictions; "an open-ended discussion"|
unrestricted - not subject to or subjected to restriction
|2.||open-ended - allowing for a spontaneous response; "an open-ended question"|
|3.||open-ended - allowing for future changes or revisions; "open-ended agreements"|