ossified(redirected from ossifiedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
v. os·si·fied, os·si·fy·ing, os·si·fies
1. To change into bone; become bony.
2. To become set in a rigidly conventional pattern: "The central ideas of liberalism have ossified" (Jeffrey Hart).
1. To convert (a membrane or cartilage, for example) into bone.
2. To mold into a rigidly conventional pattern.
os·sif′ic (ŏ-sĭf′ĭk) adj.
1. (Anatomy) converted into bone
2. having become set and inflexible
3. slang Irish intoxicated; drunk