Osteogenic precursor cell - definition of osteogenic precursor cell by The Free Dictionary
osteogenic (redirected from osteogenic precursor cell)
Also found in: Medical
1. Derived from or composed of bone-forming tissue.
2. Of or relating to osteogenesis.
os•te•o•gen•ic (ˌɒs ti əˈdʒɛn ɪk)
1. derived from or made up of bone-forming tissue.
2. of or pertaining to osteogenesis.
References in periodicals archive
It is suggested that three circumstances, including osteogenic precursor cell
, an inducing agent and tissues predisposing osteogenesis, are required for the formation of HO (6).
The osteogenic precursor cell
is likely a mesenchymal pluripotent stem cell with the ability to differentiate into bone.
5) Chalmers et al proposed that three conditions are needed for this transformation to occur: the presence of inducing agents, osteogenic precursor cells
, and a permissive environment.