outpoint(redirected from outpoints)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
Related to outpoints: Dupont
tr.v. out·point·ed, out·point·ing, out·points
1. Nautical To sail closer to the wind than (another vessel).
2. Sports To surpass (an opponent, especially a boxer) in the number of points won.
1. to score more points than
2. (Nautical Terms) nautical to sail closer to the wind (point higher) than (another sailing vessel)
1. to excel in number of points, as in a competition or contest.
2. to sail closer to the wind than (another ship).
Past participle: outpointed
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||outpoint - sail closer to the wind than|
sail - travel on water propelled by wind; "I love sailing, especially on the open sea"; "the ship sails on"
|2.||outpoint - score more points than one's opponents|