outreach(redirected from outreached)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
v. out·reached, out·reach·ing, out·reach·es
1. To surpass (another) in reach: She had to outreach her opponent to win the fencing match.
2. To be more or greater than; exceed: Demand has outreached supply.
1. To go too far.
2. To reach out.
1. The act or process of reaching out.
2. Extent or length of reach: the vast outreach of technology; the outreach of a forest fire from mountains to suburbs.
3. A systematic attempt to provide services beyond conventional limits, as to particular segments of a community: an educational outreach to illiterate adults.
1. (tr) to surpass in reach
2. (tr) to go beyond
3. to reach or cause to reach out
4. the act or process of reaching out
5. the length or extent of reach
6. (Social Welfare) social welfare any systematic effort to provide unsolicited and predefined help to groups or individuals deemed to need it
7. (Social Welfare) (modifier) (of welfare work or workers) propagating take-up of a service by seeking out appropriate people and persuading them to accept what is judged good for them. Compare detached3
out•reach(v. ˌaʊtˈritʃ; n., adj. ˈaʊtˌritʃ)
1. to reach beyond; exceed: Demand has outreached supply.v.i.
2. to reach out.n.
3. an act or instance of reaching out.
4. length or extent of reach.
5. the act of extending community services to a wider section of the population.adj.
6. concerned with extending community services.
Past participle: outreached