outrider(redirected from outriding)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. A guide; an escort.
2. One that goes in advance; a forerunner.
3. A mounted attendant who rides in front of or beside a carriage.
1. a person who goes ahead of a car, group of people, etc, to ensure a clear passage
2. a person who goes in advance to investigate, discover a way, etc; scout
3. a person who rides in front of or beside a carriage, esp as an attendant or guard
4. US a mounted herdsman
1. a mounted attendant riding before or beside a carriage.
2. a mounted rider who accompanies a racehorse to the post.
3. a person who goes in advance.