The only outstate
sale above $2 million was the Fond du Lac Band of Chippewa acquisition of an AmericInn hotel in Carlton, about 20 miles southwest of Duluth.
Newman said many outstate
county attorneys don't have the wherewithal, expertise or the staff to handle the most complex criminal investigations.
"There are a lot of municipalities that have terrible roads in the outstate
. It's not an overnight fix.
Bush appointed in 1989.<br />Garrison still lives in Springfield, and he said he hopes to bring more of a focus on the district's outstate
areas to the office.
* Following this discovery, the Midwest, especially the outstate
Midwest, may no longer be ignored by political journalists and taken for granted by Democratic strategists.
"Noosed" by 86 independent municipalities, 47 townships, and 89 school systems, the city proper has been eviscerated and squeezed dry of assets and skills, infrastructure and tax-base, with public school bond-issues directed toward outstate
contractors, and even inner city bricks and copper piping and wire scavenged from occupied inner city buildings by desperate scrappers re-deployed to supply suburban building projects (Sugrue, 266; Perkinson, 1990, 1).
But in the rural "outstate
," as Pfuhl calls it, it is a different story.
Cloquet had the distinction recently of being the only outstate
city to have a site proposed for the state's Superfund priority list, with the other nine contaminated locations all falling within the Twin Cities metro area.
In the Twin Cities, these programs are open regularly; however, in outstate
Minnesota counties, programs are less frequent.
He graduated from MST and now lives outstate
, working as a mechanical engineer.
The majority of clinics (81%) practice in metropolitan areas while the remaining 19% are outstate
In Minnesota, passage of the Fiscal Disparities Act required the support of "outstate
" senators and representatives (those representing districts outside Greater Minneapolis-St.