outwork(redirected from outworked)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
tr.v. out·worked or out·wrought (-rôt′), out·work·ing, out·works
1. To work better or faster than.
2. To complete (something); work (something) out.
A minor fortification constructed beyond a main defensive position or fortification.
1. (Military) (often plural) defences which lie outside main defensive works
2. work performed away from the factory, office, etc, by which it has been commissioned
vb (tr) , -works, -working, -worked or -wrought
3. to work better, harder, etc, than
4. to work out to completion
out•work(v. ˌaʊtˈwɜrk; n. ˈaʊtˌwɜrk)
1. to work harder, better, or faster than.
2. to work out or carry on to a conclusion; finish.n.
3. a defensive structure established outside the limits of a larger fortification.
Past participle: outworked/outwrought