overbuild(redirected from overbuilds)
v. o·ver·built (-bĭlt′), o·ver·build·ing, o·ver·builds
1. To build over or on top of.
2. To construct more buildings in (an area) than necessary.
3. To build with excessive size or elaboration.
4. To make more sturdy than would ordinarily be considered necessary.
To construct more homes, office buildings, or commercial complexes than necessary in an area.
vb (tr) , -builds, -building or -built
1. (Building) to build over or on top of
2. to erect too many buildings in (an area)
3. (Building) to build too large or elaborately
v. -built, -build•ing. v.t.
1. to erect too many buildings in (an area).v.i.
2. to build too many dwellings or commercial buildings in an area.
Past participle: overbuilt