Also found in: Encyclopedia.
tr.v. o·ver·de·vel·oped, o·ver·de·vel·op·ing, o·ver·de·vel·ops
1. To develop to excess: muscles that were overdeveloped by weightlifting.
2. To process (a photographic plate or film) too long or in too concentrated a solution.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. to develop too much or too far
2. (Photography) photog to process (a film, plate, or print) in developer for more than the required time, at too great a concentration, etc
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
o•ver•de•vel•op(ˌoʊ vər dɪˈvɛl əp)
1. to develop to excess.
2. to develop a (photograph) for too long or in too strong a solution.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Past participle: overdeveloped
Collins English Verb Tables © HarperCollins Publishers 2011