Also found in: Wikipedia.
Related to overglaze: overglaze decoration
1. An outer coat of glaze on a piece of pottery.
2. A painted or printed decoration applied over a glaze.
tr.v. (ō′vər-glāz′, ō′vər-glāz′) o·ver·glazed, o·ver·glaz·ing, o·ver·glaz·es
To apply an overglaze to.
Applied or designed for applying over a ceramic glaze.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
(Ceramics) (of decoration or colours) applied to porcelain or pottery above the glaze
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
o•ver•glaze(n., adj. ˈoʊ vərˌgleɪz; v. ˌoʊ vərˈgleɪz, ˈoʊ vərˌgleɪz)
n., v. -glazed, -glaz•ing,
1. a color or glaze applied to an existing glaze.v.t.
2. to cover or decorate with an overglaze.adj.
3. used as an overglaze.
4. (of decorations) applied over a glaze.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.