overhanging(redirected from overhangingly)
Also found in: Legal, Encyclopedia.
v. o·ver·hung (-hŭng′), o·ver·hang·ing, o·ver·hangs
1. To project or extend over: trees that overhang the stream.
2. To loom over: The threat of nuclear war overhangs modern society.
To project over something: in the shadow where the balcony overhangs.
1. A projecting part, such as an architectural structure or a rock formation.
2. An amount of projection: an overhang of six inches.
3. Nautical The part of a bow or stern that projects over the water.
4. An excess of supply or capacity: An unusually warm winter created an overhang in oil stocks.
hanging, suspended over, or extended beyond