overhanging(redirected from overhangingly)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
v. o·ver·hung (-hŭng′), o·ver·hang·ing, o·ver·hangs
1. To project or extend over: trees that overhang the stream.
2. To loom over: The threat of nuclear war overhangs modern society.
To project over something: in the shadow where the balcony overhangs.
1. A projecting part, such as an architectural structure or a rock formation.
2. An amount of projection: an overhang of six inches.
3. Nautical The part of a bow or stern that projects over the water.
4. An excess of supply or capacity: An unusually warm winter created an overhang in oil stocks.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
hanging, suspended over, or extended beyond
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
overhanging[ˈəʊvəˈhæŋɪŋ] adj → sporgente
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995