overmatch(redirected from overmatches)
Also found in: Legal.
tr.v. o·ver·matched, o·ver·match·ing, o·ver·match·es
1. To be more than a match for; exceed or defeat.
2. To match with a superior opponent.
A contest in which one opponent is distinctly superior.
1. to be more than a match for
2. (General Sporting Terms) to match with a superior opponent
3. a person superior in ability
4. (General Sporting Terms) a match in which one contestant is superior
1. to be more than a match for; surpass; defeat.
2. to match against a superior opponent or competitor.
[1300–50; Middle English overmacchen]
Past participle: overmatched