overstress(redirected from overstressed)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
tr.v. o·ver·stressed, o·ver·stress·ing, o·ver·stress·es
1. To place too much emphasis on: I cannot overstress the importance of keeping the kitchen clean.
2. To subject to excessive physical or emotional stress.
3. To subject to mechanical force, pressure, or excess voltage to the point of deformation.
1. The fact or condition of being overstressed.
2. An instance of being overstressed: an overstress in a cable caused by a lightning strike.
1. to place too much emphasis on
2. to cause too much physical or emotional stress to
3. to subject to too much mechanical strain
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||overstress - place special or excessive emphasis on; "I cannot overemphasize the importance of this book"|