palatine raphe

Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to palatine raphe: palatine rugae, incisive papilla
ThesaurusAntonymsRelated WordsSynonymsLegend:
Noun1.palatine raphe - the seam at the middle of the hard palate
raphe, rhaphe - a ridge that forms a seam between two parts
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Palatal rugae, also called as plicae palatinae transversae or rugae palatine, refers to the ridges or elevations on the anterior part of the palatal mucosa present on either side of the mid palatine raphe behind the incisive papilla.