palmy(redirected from palmiest)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
adj. palm·i·er, palm·i·est
1. Of or relating to palm trees.
2. Covered with palm trees.
3. Prosperous; flourishing: palmy times for stockbrokers.
adj, palmier or palmiest
1. prosperous, flourishing, or luxurious: a palmy life.
2. covered with, relating to, or resembling palms: a palmy beach.
adj. palm•i•er, palm•i•est.
1. prosperous or flourishing.
2. abounding in palms.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||palmy - very lively and profitable; "flourishing businesses"; "a palmy time for stockbrokers"; "a prosperous new business"; "doing a roaring trade"; "a thriving tourist center"; "did a thriving business in orchids"|
successful - having succeeded or being marked by a favorable outcome; "a successful architect"; "a successful business venture"