Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. A child's undergarment consisting of a shirt and pants buttoned together at the waist.
2. Slang A boy or man who is considered weak or effeminate.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Clothing & Fashion) a child's undergarment consisting of a shirt and pants buttoned together at the waist
2. informal US a man or boy considered as childish, lacking in courage, etc
[C20: from panties + waist]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. Informal. an effeminate man; sissy.
2. (formerly) a child's undergarment consisting of short pants and a shirt that buttoned together at the waist.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.