Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
1. Something wrapped up or packaged; a package.
2. A plot of land, usually a division of a larger area.
3. A quantity of merchandise offered for sale.
4. A group or company; a pack: "this youthful parcel of noble bachelors" (Shakespeare).
tr.v. par·celed, par·cel·ing, par·cels also par·celled or par·cel·ling
1. To divide into parts and distribute: parceled out the land to their three children.
2. To make into a parcel; package.
3. Nautical To wind protective strips of canvas around (rope).
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||parceling - the act of distributing by allotting or apportioning; distribution according to a plan; "the apportionment of seats in the House of Representatives is based on the relative population of each state"|
distribution - the act of distributing or spreading or apportioning
reallotment, reapportionment, reallocation - a new apportionment (especially a new apportionment of congressional seats in the United States on the basis of census results)
deal - the act of apportioning or distributing something; "the captain was entrusted with the deal of provisions"
rationing - the act of rationing; "during the war the government imposed rationing of food and gasoline"