Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Wikipedia.
1. One who is expert in parliamentary procedures, rules, or debate.
2. A member of a parliament.
3. Parliamentarian A supporter of the Long Parliament during the English Civil War and the Commonwealth; a Roundhead.
1. (Parliamentary Procedure) an expert in parliamentary procedures, etc
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) (sometimes capital) Brit a Member of Parliament
(Government, Politics & Diplomacy) of or relating to a parliament or parliaments
(Historical Terms) a supporter of Parliament during the English Civil War
(Historical Terms) of or relating to Parliament or its supporters during the English Civil War
par•lia•men•tar•i•an(ˌpɑr lə mɛnˈtɛər i ən, -mən-; sometimes ˌpɑrl yə-)
1. an expert in parliamentary rules and procedures.
2. (cap.) a partisan of the British Parliament in opposition to Charles I.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Parliamentarian - an elected member of the British Parliament: a member of the House of Commons|
legislator - someone who makes or enacts laws
|2.||parliamentarian - an expert in parliamentary rules and procedures|
expert - a person with special knowledge or ability who performs skillfully