Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. One who is expert in parliamentary procedures, rules, or debate.
2. A member of a parliament.
3. Parliamentarian A supporter of the Long Parliament during the English Civil War and the Commonwealth; a Roundhead.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Parliamentary Procedure) an expert in parliamentary procedures, etc
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) (sometimes capital) Brit a Member of Parliament
(Government, Politics & Diplomacy) of or relating to a parliament or parliaments
(Historical Terms) a supporter of Parliament during the English Civil War
(Historical Terms) of or relating to Parliament or its supporters during the English Civil War
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
par•lia•men•tar•i•an(ˌpɑr lə mɛnˈtɛər i ən, -mən-; sometimes ˌpɑrl yə-)
1. an expert in parliamentary rules and procedures.
2. (cap.) a partisan of the British Parliament in opposition to Charles I.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Parliamentarian - an elected member of the British Parliament: a member of the House of Commons|
legislator - someone who makes or enacts laws
|2.||parliamentarian - an expert in parliamentary rules and procedures|
expert - a person with special knowledge or ability who performs skillfully
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
A. ADJ → parlamentario
B. N → parlamentario/a m/f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
n → Parlamentarier(in) m(f)
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
parliamentarian[ˌpɑːləmɛnˈtɛərɪən] n → parlamentare m/f
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995