parted(redirected from partedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Separated or divided into parts.
2. Being or kept apart; separated.
3. Botany Cleft almost to the base, so as to have distinct divisions or lobes.
4. Deceased: our recently parted friend.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Botany) botany divided almost to the base: parted leaves.
2. (Heraldry) heraldry showing two coats of arms divided by a vertical central line
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. divided into parts; cleft.
2. divided by a part: parted hair.
3. set or kept apart; separated.
4. Bot. separated into rather distinct portions by incisions that extend nearly to the midrib or the base.
5. Archaic. deceased.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||parted - having a margin incised almost to the base so as to create distinct divisions or lobes|
compound - composed of more than one part; "compound leaves are composed of several lobes; "compound flower heads"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.