passé(redirected from passély)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. No longer current or in fashion; out-of-date.
2. Past the prime; faded or aged.
[French, past participle of passer, to pass, from Old French; see pass.]
passé(ˈpɑːseɪ; ˈpɑseɪ; French pɑse)
1. out-of-date: passé ideas.
2. past the prime; faded: a passé society beauty. Also (fem): passée
[C18: from French, past participle of passer to pass]
1. old-fashioned; out-of-date; outmoded.
2. past one's prime.
[1765–75; < French, past participle of passer to pass]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||passe - out of fashion; "a suit of rather antique appearance"; "demode (or outmoded) attire"; "outmoded ideas"|