Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. Capable of being passed, traversed, or crossed; navigable: a passable road.
2. Acceptable for general circulation: passable currency.
3. Satisfactory but not outstanding; adequate: The actors gave passable performances, but the singers seemed unrehearsed.
4. Capable of being enacted: a passable bill.
1. fairly; somewhat
2. acceptably; well enough: she sings passably.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adv.||1.||passably - to a moderately sufficient extent or degree; "pretty big"; "pretty bad"; "jolly decent of him"; "the shoes are priced reasonably"; "he is fairly clever with computers"|