Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A composition of light flat objects pasted onto a sheet of paper, board, or other backing, as:
a. A layout of an image to be printed, such as a book cover.
b. A collage.
2. The art or process of making such a composition.
1. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) an assembly of typeset matter, illustrations, etc, pasted on a sheet of paper or board and used as a guide or layout in the production of a publication
2. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) a sheet of paper or board on which are pasted artwork, typeset matter, etc, for photographing prior to making a printing plate. another name for camera-ready copy
me•chan•i•cal(məˈkæn ɪ kəl)
1. of or pertaining to machinery or tools.
2. operated by machinery.
3. caused by or derived from machinery.
4. using machine parts only.
5. lacking spontaneity; routine.
6. belonging or pertaining to the subject matter of mechanics.
7. pertaining to or caused by physical forces: mechanical erosion.n.
8. a sheet of stiff paper on which artwork and type proofs have been pasted for making a printing plate; paste-up.
9. Obs. artisan.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||paste-up - a composition of flat objects pasted on a board or other backing; "they showed him a paste-up of the book jacket"|
collage, montage - a paste-up made by sticking together pieces of paper or photographs to form an artistic image; "he used his computer to make a collage of pictures superimposed on a map"
composition - something that is created by arranging several things to form a unified whole; "he envied the composition of their faculty"