Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The office, rank, or jurisdiction of a pastor.
2. A pastor's term of office with one congregation.
3. A body of pastors.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Ecclesiastical Terms) the office or term of office of a pastor
2. (Ecclesiastical Terms) a body of pastors; pastors collectively
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
pas•tor•ate(ˈpæs tər ɪt, ˈpɑ stər-)
1. the office or term of office of a pastor.
2. a body of pastors.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||pastorate - pastors collectively|
clergy - in Christianity, clergymen collectively (as distinguished from the laity)
|2.||pastorate - the position of pastor|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.