Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Wikipedia.
Related to patency: ligate
1. The state or quality of being obvious.
2. Medicine The state or quality of being open, expanded, or unblocked.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. the condition of being obvious
2. (Pathology) the state of a bodily passage, duct, etc, of being open or unobstructed
3. (Phonetics & Phonology) phonetics the degree to which the vocal tract remains unobstructed in the articulation of a speech sound. See also closure7
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
pa•ten•cy(ˈpeɪt n si, ˈpæt-)
the state of being patent.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||patency - the openness (lack of obstruction) of a bodily passage or duct|
openness - without obstructions to passage or view; "the openness of the prairies"
|2.||patency - the property of being easy to see and understand|
conspicuousness - high visibility
blatancy - the property of being both obvious and offensive; "the blatancy of his attempt to whitewash the crime was unforgivable"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
n. permeabilidad. V.: permeability
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012