penetralia(redirected from penetralian)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. The innermost parts of a building, especially the sanctuary of a temple.
2. The most private or secret parts; recesses: the penetralia of the soul.
[Latin penetrālia, from neuter pl. of penetrālis, inner, from penetrāre, to penetrate; see penetrate.]
1. the innermost parts of a building
2. secret matters
[C17: from Latin, from penetrālis inner, from penetrāre to penetrate]
pen•e•tra•li•a(ˌpɛn ɪˈtreɪ li ə)
1. the innermost parts or recesses.
2. the most private or secret things.
the innermost parts or deepest recesses of a place, thing, etc.See also: Places