Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. A soup made with vegetables and tripe or other meat, seasoned with pepper, and often containing dumplings. Also called Philadelphia pepper pot.
2. A thick West Indian stew of meat or fish, vegetables, and regional condiments.
3. See peppershaker.
1. (Cookery) a small container with perforations in the top for sprinkling pepper
2. (Cookery) a Caribbean stew of meat, rice, vegetables, etc, highly seasoned with cassareep
1. a highly seasoned soup of tripe, vegetables, and often dumplings.
2. a highly seasoned West Indian stew of meat or fish and vegetables.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||pepper pot - a soup made with vegetables and tripe and seasoned with peppercorns; often contains dumplings|
soup - liquid food especially of meat or fish or vegetable stock often containing pieces of solid food
|2.||pepper pot - a shaker with a perforated top for sprinkling ground pepper|
shaker - a container in which something can be shaken