vitelline(redirected from persistent vitelline duct)
Also found in: Medical.
vi·tel·line(vĭ-tĕl′ĭn, -ēn′, vī-)
1. Of, relating to, or associated with the yolk of an egg.
2. Having the yellow hue of an egg yolk; dull yellow.
The yolk of an egg.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Zoology) of or relating to the yolk of an egg: the vitelline gland.
2. (Colours) having the yellow colour of an egg yolk
[C15: from Medieval Latin vitellīnus, from Latin vitellus the yolk of an egg; see vitellus]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
vi•tel•line(vɪˈtɛl ɪn, -in, vaɪ-)
1. of or pertaining to the egg yolk.
2. having a yellow color resembling that of an egg yolk.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.