Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Of or relating to phonemes.
2. Of or relating to phonemics.
3. Serving to distinguish phonemes or distinctive features.
1. (Linguistics) of or relating to the phoneme
2. (Phonetics & Phonology) relating to or denoting speech sounds that belong to different phonemes rather than being allophonic variants of the same phoneme. Compare phonetic2
3. (Linguistics) of or relating to phonemics
phoˈnemically, ˌphoneˈmatically adv
pho•ne•mic(fəˈni mɪk, foʊ-)
1. of or pertaining to phonemes: a phonemic system.
2. of or pertaining to phonemics.
3. concerning or involving the discrimination of distinctive speech elements of a language: a phonemic contrast.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||phonemic - of or relating to phonemes of a particular language; "phonemic analysis"|
|Adv.||1.||phonemic - by phonemics; "phonemically transcribed"|
phonemic[fəʊˈniːmɪk] ADJ → fonémico
adj → phonemisch