Summary: The use of aluminium phosphide
, a pesticide that is banned in the UAE, could be behind the death of the boy, initial reports said.
Summary: Sharjah Police confirm aluminium phosphide
was to blame for death of boy on Friday
In his scrutiny note of the charge sheet, the prosecutor had argued that suspects were found involved in deliberate use of the poisonous substance ie aluminium phosphide
tablets in the guest house's room, where the family stayed, adding that the killing of the six people had terrorised the public.
DIG Kharal said that when the investigation teams searched Qasr-e-Naz, they found empty bottles of Aluminium Phosphide
in its store.
Karachi police on Wednesday confirmed a report that had been compiled by Pakistan Public Works Department (PWD) officials revealing that the anti-bug spray of Aluminum Phosphide
led to the death of six members of a family that had stayed at Qasre Naz last month.According to the latest findings, five siblings two sisters and three brothers and their aunt died owing to fumigation in the state guest room where they had stayed after their arrival from Quetta.
The letter asks the executive engineer to provide the relevant record pertaining to the supply of Aluminium Phosphide
. It also sought details regarding the responsibilities of various officials, including the sub-engineer, assistant executive engineer, executive engineer and superintending engineer.
Sheikh suggested that the police should also consider the incident of death of 6 family members in Karachi due to aluminium phosphide
which was an insecticide spray.
The highest number of deaths (7/16, 43.75%) were observed in the aluminium phosphide
(wheat pill) poisoning patients which was followed by organophosphorus poisoning (4/40, 10%).
Poisoning with aluminum phosphide
can be life-threatening for patients as well as health professionals.
is a cheap, effective and commonly used pesticide in agriculture for pest control in Nigeria.
A 28-year-old woman was admitted to the emergency department with profuse sweating and dizziness, two hours following intentional ingestion of 1 tablet of aluminium phosphide
, of which the confirmation was based on toxic ingestion history reported by the case's relatives.