photic(redirected from photicly)
Also found in: Medical.
1. Of or relating to light.
2. Penetrated by or receiving light.
3. Designating or relating to the layer of a body of water that is penetrated by sufficient sunlight for photosynthesis: the photic zone of the ocean.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (General Physics) of or concerned with light
2. (Biology) biology of or relating to the production of light by organisms
3. (Biology) Also: photobathic designating the zone of the sea where photosynthesis takes place
[C19: from photo- + -ic]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. of or pertaining to light.
2. pertaining to the generation of light by organisms, or their excitation by means of light.
3. pertaining to the upper zone of a body of water, delineated by the depth to which sufficient sunlight penetrates to support photosynthesis.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
|Adj.||1.||photic - of or relating to or caused by light|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.