Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The process of reproducing graphic material by transferring the image photographically to a plate or another surface, which is then etched for printing.
2. A plate prepared by this process.
3. A reproduction made by this process.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) a photomechanical process for producing letterpress printing plates
2. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) a plate made by this process
3. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) a print made from such a plate
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
pho•to•en•grav•ing(ˌfoʊ toʊ ɛnˈgreɪ vɪŋ)
1. a photographic process of preparing printing plates for letterpress printing.
2. a plate so produced.
3. a print made from it.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
photoengraving[ˈfəʊtəʊenˈgreɪvɪŋ] N → fotograbado m
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005