Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to pierced: Pierced ears
1. Cut through with a sharp instrument; perforated.
2. Of or relating to a body part that has been perforated for the purpose of attaching a piece of jewelry.
3. Of or relating to a piece of jewelry designed to be worn in a such a body part: a pierced earring.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. punctured or perforated, as to form a decorative design.
2. (of the ear) having the lobe punctured, as for earrings.
3. (of an earring) made to be worn in a pierced ear.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||pierced - having a hole cut through; "pierced ears"; "a perforated eardrum"; "a punctured balloon"|
cut - separated into parts or laid open or penetrated with a sharp edge or instrument; "the cut surface was mottled"; "cut tobacco"; "blood from his cut forehead"; "bandages on her cut wrists"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
pierced→ مَثْقُوب propíchnutý piercet durchstochen τρυπητός perforado lävistetty percé probušen perforato 穴をあけた 구멍을 뚫은 doorboord gjennomboret przebity furado проколотый genomborrad ที่ถูกเจาะ delik bấm lỗ 穿通的
Multilingual Translator © HarperCollins Publishers 2009