piker(redirected from pikers)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
Related to pikers: pikey
1. A cautious gambler.
2. A person regarded as petty or stingy.
[Possibly from Piker, a poor migrant to California, after Pike County in eastern Missouri.]
1. (Animals) Austral a wild bullock
2. Austral and NZ a useless person; failure
3. US and Austral and NZ a lazy person; shirker
4. a mean person
[C19: perhaps related to pike3]
1. a person who does anything in a contemptibly small or cheap way.
2. a person who gambles or speculates in a cautious way.
Switch to new thesaurus